10 TIME SAVING TIPS IN THE KITCHEN.
You know I’m a huge proponent of taking time to cook (AND EAT) your meals.
It reconnects us back to our roots, it brings us home, and it helps us feel good.
However I also recognise (& acknowledge) that we’re all busy AF, and cooking a full meal can seem incredibly daunting.
So where’s the in between? Right here!
I have found some incredibly helpful tips through my own health journey, and also working with many clients and learning from them, too!
So here they are….
- Buy pre-cut or frozen veggies if you know you have a super busy week ahead
- Throw your meat into a slow cooker in the morning and take it out when you’re ready to eat dinner
- Cook double the amount of meat when you are cooking to use for the next day or two
- Batch cut your veggies at the beginning of the week and store them until you’re ready to cook in glass Tupperware or jars
- ASK FOR HELP- delegate some of the prep work to your family
- Roast a bunch of veggies on a sheet pan (a big flat oven tray) and mix them into different meals for the week
- Hard boil some eggs at the beginning of the week to have as protein snacks throughout the week
- Get yourself an air fryer or pressure cooker (or both!)
- Make double the food at dinner and separate half to save for another meal tomorrow
- Don’t be afraid to have the same thing twice- just switch up the sauce or condiments and make it fresh!