ENCHILADA MEATLOAF MUFFINS
Don’t let the cuteness fool you – these Enchilada Meatloaf Muffins are small but mighty! They’re made with ground chicken and packed with bold flavours from taco seasoning, enchilada sauce, and shredded cheese. And with 11 grams of protein and less than 3 grams of fat each, these perfectly portioned mini meatloaves are just destined to hit your macros.
Makes: 12 meatloaf muffins
Serving Size: 2 meatloaf muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 190 calories / 12g carbs / 23g protein / 5g fat
For meatloaf muffins:
- 1lb (453g) ground chicken breast
- 1 cup (185g) cooked quinoa
- ½ cup (120g) finely diced yellow onion (about ½ small onion)
- ½ cup (66g) mild red enchilada sauce
- ¼ cup (57g) egg whites
- 2 tablespoons (17g) “McCormick” less sodium taco seasoning
- ¼ cup (33g) mild red enchilada sauce
- ¾ cup (68g) “Kraft” Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan well with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together all the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl.
- Divide the mixture among the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from oven. Divide the remaining enchilada sauce among the muffins, spooning about 1 teaspoon of sauce on top of each muffin. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with lime, cilantro, or chopped red onion. Serve alongside rice, beans, quinoa, salad, veggies, or tortillas.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- If you can’t find ground chicken breast use 99% lean ground turkey breast instead. The macros are nearly identical!